Sayreville Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Junior Police Academy
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The Sayreville Police Dept. is pleased to announce the
2022 Annual Junior Police Academy
6th to 8th grades
When: Monday July 18th to Friday July 22th.
Open to: Sayreville residents entering 6th -8th grades.
Cost: $150.00 non-refundable
Academy Enrollment: 20 - students first come first serve
Where : Sayreville Police Station 8am to 3:30 pm
Academy recruits will learn the importance of self discipline, self respect, respecting others, teamwork and goal setting. We will focus on physically and mentally challenging each recruit in a positive manner. The curriculum format will be similar to an actual police academy, during the week you will be involved in educational programs, physical activities and exposed to municipal, county and state resources.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer Charles Teator of the Community Policing Unit at (732)525-5418
Registration Deadline: Friday, June 24
Academy Daily Requirememts
- Daily attendance is required to complete the academy, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Failure to comply with attendance will result in termination from the academy.
- Upon completion a graduation ceremony will be held TBD
- Drop off is 8am and pickup is 3:30pm sharp ( Only parents or designated adult can pickup)
- All recruits must wear supplied shirt , and shorts (tucked in)
- All recruits must wear sneakers due to physical activities
- Sunscreen is recommended and to be applied before the start of the day. Can be reapplied during the day
- No sharing of sunscreen between recruits
- All recruits must bring their own bag lunch and refillable water bottle.